The Building Technology Educators’ Society (BTES) is an organization of architectural educators, passionate about teaching the technology of building design and construction.
The mission of the BTES is to promote and publish the best pedagogic practices, relevant research, scholarship, and other creative activity to facilitate student learning, advance innovation, and enhance the status of our disciplines in the profession at large.
To achieve this mission, the BTES seeks to:
• Promote and share the best architectural technology teaching practices among all who are concerned with effective teaching in these subject areas.
• Promote critical discourse and the scholarship of teaching on issues related to
pedagogic theory in architectural technology, with peer-reviewed publications of its work for public dissemination.
• Enhance the mentoring process among faculty, students and practitioners for the enrichment of all involved and for the preservation and propagation of accumulated experience and wisdom.
• Stress the issues concerning technology in architectural curricula to help influence change when necessary in the related accreditation process.
• Foster the continued betterment of the profession by serving as a point of contact for the discussion of issues related to building technology with the design professions and building industry at large.
• Bring issues of concern to affiliated entities in the Academy, profession, industry and associated regulatory agencies and
• Facilitate connections among like-minded individuals for collaborative research.